Last updated: October 8, 2020
- Data we collect.
- What personal data do we share with third parties and who are they?
- Why do we share data outside of the EU/EEA?
- How do we keep your personal data secure?
- Your rights
- About us
1. Data we collect
As a data controller we collect a variety of data to deliver our services. Whenever we collect Personal Information from you, we let you know and you will be able to access the following precise information:
– data we have collected from you
– the basis on which we are holding it (e.g. because you gave us consent)
– what we will do with it
– how long we will hold it for
– where it is stored
– who it might be shared with
– your rights in relation to the data, and
– information on how you can access and manage this data.
We have provided further detail below about the specific types of data we collect and our reasons for doing so.
1.1. What data do we ask you to provide to us, and why?
Depending on the service you use, e.g. contact form on the website, we request Personal Information from you such as your name, email, addresses, mobile/telephone number. We need this information from you in order to contact you, deliver our services or products to you and/or carry out any other business between us for which you have given consent to at the time of providing us with your Personal Information.
We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support or respond to a survey.
We may also collect additional information from you such as your financial details, date of birth, bank account details, education, career experiences etc.
If you attend our events, we may collect photos and videos in which you can be seen.
We may use this information to contact you for purposes related to, for example:
- Marketing: We may send you marketing content about our application process, events, sites, services, products, and services of third-parties we consider our partners or members of the EXP Group corporate family through various communication channels.
- Informational and Other: We will send communications to you that are required or necessary to send to users of our services, notifications that contain important information and other communications that you request from us. You may opt out of receiving these communications by requesting to have your Personal Data deleted from our records by contacting us.
1.2. What data do we collect when you visit our website, and why?
We collect cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data that websites send to a user’s computer and are stored on the user’s web browser. They are designed to enable the website to remember information, such as what a user might have put in a shopping cart for example.
We work with partners and third-party service providers to serve you advertising using ad-related cookies and web beacons. You can opt-out of third-party advertising-related cookies and web beacons, in which case our advertising would not be targeted to you. You will continue to see our advertising on third party websites that are not under our control and where you are not specifically targeted.
2. What personal data do we share with third parties and who are they?
We share personal data with the following third parties to carry out our obligations to you.
- With Mentors: We may share your Personal Data with our mentors.
- With Investors: We may share your Personal Data with investors in our network.
- With Partners: We may share your Personal Data with our Partners.
- With Corporate family: We may share your Personal Data with companies in our corporate family.
- With a third party service provider: We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. These third parties are Eventbrite, Hubspot CRM, MailChimp and Google.
- With other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law: We may share information about you with other parties for EXP Group’s business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- If we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or other third parties under a subpoena, a court order or other legal process or requirement applicable to EXP Group or the EXP corporate family;
- If we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- To protect the vital interests of a person;
- To investigate violations of or enforce a user agreement or other legal terms applicable to any Service;
- To protect our property, Services and legal rights;
- To facilitate a purchase or sale of all or part of EXP Group’s business;
- To help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, our Users and fraud involving our Sites or use of our Services, including fraud that occurs at or involves our business partners, strategic ventures, or other individuals;
- To companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and
- To support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
There are certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
The mentors, investors, and partners we potentially share your personal data with are all listed on our website.
3. Why do we share data outside of the EU/EEA
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for example, if a third party we share data with has servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case, we will obtain your consent or otherwise ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU’s guidelines.
You can see above where we send data outside of the EEA and on what basis we do so.
4. How do we keep your personal data secure?
We keep your data secure:
- by following internal policies of best practice and training for staff
- by encrypting personal data
- by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology when information is submitted to us online
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we shall also inform you.
6. Your rights
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- The right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- The right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- The right to have your personal data erased
- The right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
- Rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
- We also give you the option to manage your data via:
- Online account, if you have been signed up as a customer and have received login information
- By writing to us
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to, the duration will depend on your relationship with us.
7. About us
We are EXP Group AS and our address is Kongensgate 11A, 0153 Oslo, Norway. You can contact us at email@example.com